Saturday, August 20, 2011

Plan 2 Introduce JanLokpal Bill in Parliament as a private member's bill: Varun-this artificial line drawn between polity n Civil Society is not good


Plan to Introduce Jan Lokpal Bill in Parliament: Varun

PTI | New Delhi | Aug 16, 2011


BJP MP Varun Gandhi today said he plans to introduce Anna Hazare's version of Lokpal Bill as a private member's bill in Parliament.

"I plan to introduce the Jan Lokpal Bill as a private member's bill in the Parliament. I will do that next week," the BJP Lok Sabha member from Pilibhit in Uttar Pradesh said.

On whether his party supported him on the issue, Varun said, "What is of more interest to me is whether the nation is benefiting."

On whether he had spoken to Hazare on the issue, he said, "I have not spoken to them as yet." On how far he would go to support Hazare and his team, Varun said, "I will do what I can."

Extending his support to Hazare, Varun said, "I feel that when somebody is putting himself on the line for the future of the country and for the future of everyone, it is something that is very heartening."

Stressing that politicians "should do what the public wanted", Gandhi said, "I also believe that politicians need to reflect the mood of the country rather than reject it."

He also felt that "this artificial line that is being drawn between polity and so-called civil society is not good for the country."

No comments: