Sunday, December 30, 2012

John Wayne Bobbitt and his former wife have been reunited for the first time since she sliced off half his penis with a knife 16 years ago. (AFTER THIS CASE THIS PHARSE BECOME SYNONYMOUS FOR "CASTRATION,FACEOFFS AND ANTI RAPE STAND IN MARITAL RAPE OR OTHERWISE" WORLDWIDE...!!..VIBHA TAILANG)

John Wayne Bobbitt reunited with wife 16 years after she sliced off his penis

John Wayne Bobbitt and his former wife have been reunited for the first time since she sliced off half his penis with a knife 16 years ago.

John Wayne Bobbitt: John Wayne Bobbitt reunited with wife 16 years after she sliced off his penis
John Wayne Bobbitt Photo: AP
Lorena Bobbitt, who now uses her maiden name Gallo, claimed Mr Bobbitt still harboured feelings for her despite what happened, and continues to send her Valentine's cards and flowers.
The pair appeared on an episode of the US tabloid television show The Insider on Monday night and argued over what had gone wrong in their relationship.
"John, you did a lot of things to me that were very painful," Miss Gallo said, claiming he had forced her to have an abortion.
"You drove me crazy. You drove me insane. No woman should go through that I went through."
"I didn't really understand how sensitive you are," Mr Bobbitt, 42, from Buffalo, New York, replied. "You take things really seriously."
It was on June 23, 1993 that Miss Gallo, then 24, cut off more than half of her husband's penis as he slept. She had been in a "fit of rage" after he returned home drunk from a night on the town and allegedly raped her.
She left the house with the severed object and threw it out of the car window into a field, where it was found and surgically reattached.
Mr Bobbitt was acquitted of spousal rape and Miss Gallo was found not guilty of malicious wounding by reason of temporary insanity.
The pair subsequently divorced after six years of marriage.
Mr Bobbitt, who used his notoriety to become an adult film star, described the night it happened.
"I was bleeding to death. It was one of the most terrifying things I ever went through," he said.
Miss Gallo said: "I remember driving with his severed penis in my hand, and in my other hand I had the knife. I didn't even know how I got into the car, and apparently I had to toss it somewhere because I couldn't turn the wheel of my car, so I got rid of the thing. Then I learnt at the hospital later on that it was his penis."

No comments: